Thursday, January 31, 2013

Decluttering Our Home – The Blessed Girl with an Extra Storage Space


I thank God for all the blessing I receive and this one included.
There is an extra storage cabinet that’s built in to the wall of my unit. We’re talking about floor to ceiling, 5 tiered cabinet, 150cm length 50cm depth. Just what I need!

Now, this storage has been my ultimate messy corner. So, I’ve decided to take control of it from now on.

After taking out everything in it and laying them on the floor (to my cat’s amazement – he’s clearly not impressed by my hoarding behavior), I grouped the items together and here’s what I came up with:
  1. I have too many manchesters – so I kept only 4 sets of bed sheets, pillow cases, and quilt covers
  2. I hoard towels – now I kept only 6 towels (my husband and I change towels every week)
  3. I have no system whatsoever for my electrical related tools - we bought one of those tool boxes.
  4. I clearly haven’t been cleaning this section for some time; we found one box full of unused cables, PC installation CDs, old phone sockets, and more. All of these gone now.
  5. I have too much random stuff, such as key rings, stationery, old keys, pieces of paper, cosmetic bags, etc. Seriously, I don’t know how I acquired these things… 

After a full day of work, my storage cabinet is looking great. I managed to empty 2 tiers. One of them is currently used to store large kitchen equipments (mixers, huge cake containers, boxes of serving plates, etc) and I have kept 1 tier empty for now, which is amazing. I’ve also managed to put space bags of winter clothes on the top tier of the storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment