Friday, April 28, 2017

Upcycling Project - Amora Dress

Hello all,
It's been a few months since my last post. I'm sprinting to get winter projects done and ready for sale on my new Etsy store.
After the Alicia Dress project was completed, I undertook another upcycling project to combine this boring red T-shirt:


And, I have this floral shirt with beautiful pattern.

The idea was to combine these 2 and create something more-ish, upcycling them from casual to semi formal.

So, the first thing that I did, I cut off the red T-shirt top to alter it to become a one-shoulder sleeve type. Tidied up the cut edges after that.
And then, I took out the one remaining sleeve and modify it to become a balloon cap sleeve, just because I think it looks pretty. :)


With the floral shirt, it was simply cutting the top part and utilising the remaining bit as a floral skirt with elastic gathering on the waist line.


Combining them together, and I got this:


(Completed on 10th Jan 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment