Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gardening Update Number 1

So I moved house recently and had been a real enthusiastic gardener ever since.
And I'm so glad that it finally pay off.
So, I planted 4 new rose plants in late June, Pope John Paul II (White - the most fragrant white rose ever, according to the website), A Country Woman (Red), Paul Cezanne (Pink/White/Yellow, very cute combination), and Ebb Tide (Dark Purple - almost black).
Their growth are not the same, and the Ebb Tide grew faster during the winter season. Amazingly, 7 rose buds appeared :-) to my delight. And they're huge!!




These photos are taken late August and had cut down all the flowers and a little bit of the stem.
A few days after, 3 rose buds showed up on the shorter stems. I'm so happy with this rose plant. It's so recommended, it's so easy to maintain as well.
Just a shot of seasol - seaweed fertiliser mixed in water every month or two will do.

This is another photo I took of these flowers as decoration inside the house:

Notice the colour is so dark, it's almost black, very dramatic. It's really gothic in a way.
Photo taken side by side with my birthday card :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment