Monday, January 9, 2012

Long Overdue Sweater

I can’t believe I have to hold off posting this entry for so long!! Well, it’s my fault.
This hoodie was supposed to be given to my boyfriend for his birthday present in August! (D’oh!)
But when I bought the yarn from UK, I misread the pattern, instead of buying for Medium size, I bought the Small size! Aargh… it was so annoying. On top of that, there was a delay delivering the yarn to Sydney.
So, I actually bought him another gift for his birthday and save this one for Christmas. I had to swap the gift.

We’re planning to go to New Zealand when we got a chance, so, this sweater will be a wonderful companion for the holiday. Hey! I should knit myself one too… Brilliant! I’ll start looking for a pattern now.

I chose this colour instead of the recommended colour combination in the pattern to match his brown eyes. J





Oh, I almost forgot, I had to use an interesting sewing technique to join the two sides of the hoodie. Well, the technique was invented a long time ago, but this is the first time I used it. The result was amazing. I knitted hoodies before, I should’ve joined them with this technique. It’s just perfect! They look seamless. This is magic I’m telling you! Cool!

(Completed 4th September 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment