Sunday, August 26, 2012

One Shade of Grey


I saw this wrap pattern in Garnstudio website and I knew right away that this is the perfect wrap for the occasion. So, I decided to make 4 of them for a dear friend’s bridesmaids (including myself). 

At first, we struggled to choose the yarn, none of the kid silk yarn has the right grey hue. So, we decided to use Morris and Sons Empire 2ply in French Grey colour.

The first one that I made (following the pattern) was too narrow for a wrap. But, the pattern is beautiful, the wave patterns on each corners and the rib for the rest of it is very elegant. 

With this in mind, we made a decision to continue using the pattern, but add 50% more width to it (meaning, repeat half of the pattern). This is the result:






A bit of warning before attempting to follow my path. This project is probably not for the faint hearted. The yarn is very light and it takes a bit of time and effort to complete. I did managed to make 4 of them, around 7-8 days each, but I spent about 8-9 hours each day and my fingers are not looking very good after that :-). They all recovered now, back to normal and ready for the next projects - as always.


(Completed 21st July 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment