Sunday, June 15, 2014

Floral Dress

Time flies really fast when you’re having lots of fun J. It’s very close to mid year and I haven’t updated my blog even once this year. Oops. Things have been very busy, busier than normal. My sewing practice is still ongoing and the usual knitting and crochet still happening as well.
All craft activities were put on hold for about 2 months earlier this year due to my pregnancy sickness. For some reason I can stand the view of needles of any sort, knitting, sewing, crochet, whatever types of needles.

But, I’m back now. And I’ve been busy sewing and knitting to reach project deadlines.
I made this dress for my beautiful cousin, the dress is vintage looking and really fun to sew, especially the neckline. Added that one thing in my repertoire of sewing and I can guarantee it will be used in many projects to come.

The skirt is full and fluffy. It’s really cute and this is the first time I made this type of skirt as well.



The balloon sleeves are new to me as well. This is probably the second or third time I sew sleeves and I got better at it this time. I would say it’s probably because I took great care when cutting the fabric and I baste the 2 pieces together before machine stitching.

Overall, I’ve gained great experience in sewing this dress and I can’t wait to make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment