Sunday, June 15, 2014

Little Jessie Rompers

This is my first attempt on sewing baby clothing. As I have expected, I encountered a bit of difficulty in controlling the fabric during sewing process. I think it has something to do with the size of the pieces and also the shape.

There are lots of curves on them, which I struggled with at the beginning. But after sewing 2-3 pieces, I got used to it and may eye, hand, and foot coordination got better. J I’m so happy and to think I almost gave up.

There is another challenge in this project, buttonholes.
I bought the brother buttonhole foot attachment, it’s working, but for some reason it doesn’t fit 100% and I had to keep adjusting the foot so it will touch the buttonhole gauge on the machine.
Again, after probably a dozen failed attempts (on scrape fabric of course J), I finally got the hang of it.





These cute little rompers are available in my Madeit store.

No comments:

Post a Comment