Thursday, July 7, 2011

Long time no blog


Hello everyone… I’ve gotten so busy since late last year and totally abandoned my blog. There are so many changes recently in my life that I have to put blogging on hold. Apologies if some of you are waiting for any craft project news or new ideas for your own. I promised I will try my best to keep this blog updated from now on. J

We recently moved to a new place. I’m joining the home owner wagon now. I’ve been busy decorating and furniture hunting. Luckily the unit doesn’t need renovating (Thank God for that…) so we just moved straight in.

The new place has an east facing balcony, so I’m really happy with it. It’s very suitable for my plants. I have a yellow rose plant, Friesia, that almost died due to lack of sun light at the old place. I thought to ditch the plant when I moved, but after second thought, I decided to take it along with me. That turned out to be a good decision as the plant survived and produced 4 huge flowers in the last 2 months.



I also bought 4 new rose plants to add to my roses collection, Paul Cezanne (combination of white yellow and pink), A Country Woman (red), Pope John Paul II (white – Australian Rose of the year 2011 – the most fragrant white rose ever!), and Ebb Tide (deep purple). They arrived around a month ago and they’re growing quite well (considering it’s winter at the moment). Some of them already full of leaves and I’m hoping to see rose buds in the next month or two.

I also managed to plant a tomato plant on the balcony, which already gave me two little yellow pear tomatoes in the last month. Tomato plant isn’t supposed to bear fruit in the winter, but recent weather has been a bit weird, so, I think the plant confused the weather and thought it’s already spring.


The inside of the unit is also quite sunny so I bought a few succulents to decorate the place. They’re very slow growers. I can’t wait to see them get bigger.




I’ve also been busy with my craft projects, mainly because I have so many yarns in my stash and I’m trying to bring the number down by working on my outstanding projects. So, I’ll be posting more projects hopefully in the next week or two. J
I also noticed that I haven’t posted my earlier craft works, so I’ll try to do that first, before posting the more recent ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment