Friday, October 28, 2011

Wild Oats Pattern Pillowcase Numero Uno

A while ago I attempted to knit up a pillow case, well, a front part of a pillowcase that is.
I browsed through my knitting pattern bibles and thought this pattern would be cute for a pillow case. Turned out I had 2 acrylic yarns of white and green, so I started the project that night and managed to knit up 7 rows.
The next day, I found out that I had to start on another project that was more urgent than this pillowcase. And then after that project was completed, I had to start a different one straightaway.
So, as a result, I only managed to really start working on this quite recently. To be honest, the look of an unfinished project hanging around my bedroom makes me quite nervous. Luckily this project is relatively small and once I got the hang of the pattern, things sort of fly really quickly. This one was completed in 4 days.






While I was admiring my new pillowcase, a thought crossed my mind, why not make matching ones in different colours? So, I decided, once I finished up my queued projects - Yes, I have LOTS of queued projects already – I will make time to knit up more of this pillowcase, most likely in white/blue, white/red and white/yellow colour. J

Should I use the same pattern? Or should I experience with different ones for each colour?

(Completed on 22nd Oct 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment