Monday, November 19, 2012

DIY Seating Name Cards (Bookmarks)


I wanted to do something special for the seating card and was inspired by framed seating cards. I had something in mind, but I really doubted if I can accomplish it. My initial design was a bookmark (with the guests’ first name) slid into a sort of frame made from card stock. I have this most wonderful book of sampler design:


After thinking about it for a few days, I made the first prototype and immediately liked it. Surprisingly, the material is quite stiff, and it’s capable of holding its shape. In the end, I didn’t have to use the cardstock frame.


Backing is simple felt in matching colour of red and blue.


I used DMC cross stitch yarn, 825 blue and 321 red (Christmas red - I love Christmas red!!)

I ordered customised ribbon from www.personalisedribbons.com.au in matching red and blue colour as well.


A little bit of the mess:


The end products:


No comments:

Post a Comment