Monday, November 19, 2012

Wedding Wishing Well


Hello everyone! It’s time now to reveal the reason behind my lack of blog posting this year. Now that the festivities are over, I can announce that I got married early this month! Yay!

I had a few days to settle down from all the excitement and I think it’s now time to post this blog.
A lot of my friends asked me earlier on what my dream wedding is. The answer is ‘I have none’. The reason behind this is I believe that I don’t like to be defined by wedding trends or how-it-should-be’s. I’m just the type of person who doesn’t necessarily go with the flow. In other words, I do what I want to do, when I want to do, in any way I want to do. So, I’m really grateful that I found my soul mate who understand and accept this about me.

Right after proposal, I recalled this cute pattern that I found a few years back from Berroco. It’s actually cover for plates. Inspired by it, I transformed it into wishing well cover instead. First of all, I bought three tiered cylindrical hat boxes.

Measured twice, cut once, and stick some Velcro on the inside flaps (so the whole thing is collapsible – easier to store and transport). Using craft knife, I cut a hole at the front of the top tier.




Put together:

Collapsed into one for easy transport:

Now, for the cover, I don’t particularly follow the pattern, because I know that the size is going to be different. So, what I did, I started the crochet top to bottom. To start with, I made 5 ch and chain in first ch. The rest is basically circular dc, with several increases accordingly (I kept on referring to the size of the hat box).



What I followed from the pattern is the ruffle at the edges of the wishing well cover.


The flower patterns are from this amazing book that I have:



I made one with blue and yellow flowers:





Another one with red and pink flowers:




No comments:

Post a Comment