Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Photo Flip Book (Alternative Guest Book)


At the beginning of our wedding planning, we went searching on the internet for wedding to do list. One of the items in this list is to purchase a wedding guest book. I had a hard time accepting this, tried to find a justification for buying this so called ‘book’. What is the importance of it and how many times (if ever) I will go back and skim it through? It seems like a waste of space to store this ‘book’ and I just don’t want to end up storing it in a box in our garage.

While thinking about all this, I looked to my right and I saw my funny quotations flip thing (the thing that looks like flip calendar).

I would make a photo book in form of flip calendar. Light bulb! I drew the design and listed all possible materials that I need.

Fabric has to be something blue. I want elegant - not cute, something shiny (I like all things shiny), something that I don’t mind sitting on my TV cabinet forever and ever. I went to Lincraft and found this fabric that I like:

Then, it came time to decide on the stiff material for the base triangle. I thought, hmm, maybe I can use one of those postal boxes. I cut them into shape with craft knife, sprayed glue the fabric onto it. The result is a little flimsy.

I presented the prototype to my fiancĂ© (now husband) and he liked it, but he’s not too sure about the material used as the base triangle. So he told me that he will come up with something. He’s so awesome! This is the final version of the photo flip book, way better than my prototype. I’m so proud of him.



And here it is, sitting on our living room, full of our friends’ photos and well wishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment