Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Holiday - Gold Coast Sept 2009 Day 1

Finally, the long awaited day has come. The Spring Gold Coast trip!!
Soooo excited, Sydney's weather had been so unkind lately, so, it was a good break. The weather in Gold Coast is soooo good, it's warm (it's actually quite HOT!) and everybody is so relax.

I booked an acommodation from stayz.com.au and without really noticing what I had booked, I got an apartment in Q1 Apartment. After I confirmed the booking only I realized that Q1 is the tallest residential apartment in the world! (*-*) 'Reaalllyyyy????'

Anyway, yeah, it's reaaaalllyyy good, it's modern, no party allowed, no drunken people allowed inside, security guards on the lobby, residents have to dress appropriately, and so on, and so on...

This is the picture of Q1 from quite a distance:

And this is from below:

After unpacking, we're off to Springbrook Natural Bridge, it was a loooonnnnggg and winding road... was crazy, we had to stop for few minutes to rest, my iPhone battery is also running quite low and we don't have a map, I just had a really bad feeling then *shiver shiver*

This road is one of the floodway area:


Why are we here? Waterfall!! It's quite small... should I call it mini waterfall, is there such thing?

Me on a wooden bridge:

We packed dinner from Sydney, Eel Sushi. We tried not to say it out loud there, appearantly there are eels around the waterfall. Hee hee.. don't want to scare them away...

Mmmm, eeelllsss...

Just before we left Springbrook, I got a realy nasty mosquito bite *cry* This mosquito is reaaallly small, but the swelling...

Lucky I brought my tiger balm with me :-)

I was preparing for leeches (Tiger Balm is very effective for leeches bites), appearantly Springbrook is quite famous for its leeches, it can be quite a problem during rainy season. Luckily, no leeches, only mosquitos... :-)

End of day 1... got back to Q1 and had some rest.

Oow, we got lost on the way back :-) iPhone battery died, no maps, just relied on our (luckily) good sense of direction.

*Can't live without my iPhone, love love my iPhone*

No comments:

Post a Comment