Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kaasstengels - Dutch for Cheese Sticks (Cheese Rectangles)

I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 3 days :-)

Sydney's weather has been crazy lately, so, I'm going somewhere warmer... Gold Coast! Yeaaahh, Sunshine Coast here I come.... (Will post some photos as soon as we got back.)

So, I thought I'll make something for snack.
The easiest thing to bake on a weeknight, Kaasstengels.

They are basically cheese sticks, made from cheese, flour, eggs and powder milk.
Recipe is from my mum's collection :-)
I used Edam Dutch cheese to get the correct saltiness level.

This is the first Kaasstengels that I made with the right texture. The size however, is a bit... umm... chubby... hehehe...

Tried to roll the dough as thin as I can, but they kept on getting crumbly on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment