Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knitting - Lace Sleeveless Top in Cleckheaton Cocoon

So, I bought these Cleckheaton Cocoon yarns in Caramel colour back in January 2008.
I made a cardigan for my mum, I don't have their photos unfortunately, but it's similar to this sleeveless top, only with long sleeves.
Anyway, there were still around 4-5 balls left, so, I decided to knit a sleeveless top for my Aunt's birthday gift.
So, I started knitting, knitting and knitting. Until I've used up all the yarn!! But the top hasn't finished yet! It was so annoying!!

And to make it even worse, they've discontinued the yarn! Cleckheaton Cocoon in Caramel colour is no longer available and I haven't finished the top!! D'oh!

I started checking with retailers in AUS and overseas, out of 5-6 that I contacted, there was one seller in the US that had it, 1 left. Including the postage, it will cost me $20. (Yes, $20... 1 ball of yarn)
I almost gave up, until I found this store in QLD, they have 3 balls of yarn left. Thank GOD!!! I bought them all.
I only used up another half a ball of yarn, still got 2.5 balls of Cleckheaton Cocoon Caramel in my secret stash of yarn. What am I gonna do with them?? *thinking*

Most part of the top is made of Moss Stitch. The bottom part is the lace.
The pattern is from a book I bought few years ago, the book title is 'Luxury Knits'.
Full of elegant knitwear for elegant ladies :-) Just lovely...


(completed on 31st May 09)

No comments:

Post a Comment